Friday, December 7, 2007

"Willing Servants" by Eric Turowski

"Willing Servants" by Eric Turowski
2006, Rabid Press Inc.
ISBN: 978-0-9743039-4-9


Do you want to read a horror story? I mean a really scare you so much you have a nightmare each night until you finally finish reading this book? Yeah, that’s what happened to me. Eric Turowski has written a chilling story in, “Willing Servants”. Eric is a friend of the family, I am proud to say. I’m sure he will be thrilled when I tell him I had a bunch of nightmares reading his book.

Willing Servants” hooked me from the first pages. That is one of my own personal requirements for a good book. I also cried at the end. That, too, is one of my requirements for a good read.

In between? I was riveted. The story takes place in my own city of Oakland and sister cities of Alameda and Berkeley. There were references to places I see and go to every day. But, that wasn’t the story. The story could have taken place anywhere. But, only in Oakland, Alameda and Berkeley is it feasible that something along these lines could actually have happened.

See, I’m a psychic. And, that’s what scared the bejesus out of me as I read this book. In my early days of psychic involvement I actually experienced some of the things going on in this story. And, as the horror unfolded? There were a couple of times when my guides (I’m a channel) stepped in to calm me and said, “It’s only a story.”

This is about evil that can posses and drive people to do unspeakable horror. This is about trying to banish this evil. Is it true? Lord, I hope not. Do I know for certain? No, I do not. I surely don’t want it to come anywhere near me.

Eric spins this tale of “Willing Servants” magically. He creates the characters and makes us want to root for them. There are twists and turns in this story that he expertly maneuvers the reader through without getting lost. Do you want to get lost? Yes. Will you? No, you are going to finish this book to the end. It is worth every nightmare you have this week that you read, “Willing Servants.”

No comments:

Caught Dead in Wyoming - Sign Off by Patricia McLinn  It has been a long time, looks like five years, since I've written anything fo...