The Outlander Series
Like I don’t have enough to do. I started reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon again. I’ve made it though the first 3 books and today have embarked upon the fourth one.
1. The Outlander – Where Claire steps into a stone circle in 1945 and emerges 200 years earlier. Where to save her live she marries Jaime a Highlander and where they fall in love.
2. Dragonfly in Amber – Where Claire and Jaime make their way into the turmoil that resulted in the slaughter at Culloden trying their hardest to subvert the efforts of Bonny Prince Charles to no avail. And, where Claire, pregnant goes back through the stones to her first husband Frank.
3. Voyager – Where her husband Frank has died and Claire is ready to tell her daughter, Brianna who her real father is and where her roots lie. Where with the help of an historian, Roger, Claire and Brianna find out that Jaime never died at Culloden, but survived and was noted in historical documents. And, where Claire goes back through the stones to find him.
4. Drums of Autumn – I’ve just started this one. I know what’s coming up. I’ve read these books several times. They average about 1,000 pages each.
5. The Fiery Cross
6. A Breath of Snow and Ashes
7. An Echo in the Bone
I just today found out that the 7th book, An Echo in the Bone, was published last October, 2009. And, rumor has it there will be an 8th book before the saga is over.
If you love historical romance. If you love time travel. If you love a swash buckling yarn that goes on and on and never seems to stop you will want to read these books.