Friday, August 28, 2009

“Twist of Fate” by Jayne Ann Krentz

“Twist of Fate” by Jayne Ann Krentz
1986, HQN – Harlequin
ISBN: 978-0-373-7229-2

In the area of romance books I’ve noticed that back in the 1970’s and 1980’s the romantic relationship between a man and a woman was sometimes touched with a heavy brush of macho. It masqueraded as forcible love making which bordered on rape at times and I don’t find that I am entertained by reading stories like that now. However “Twist of Fate” by Jayne Ann Krentz was a lot different than the run of the mill romances of that time. I grimaced just a little bit when the first bit of macho loving showed itself, but was quickly diverted and found the story had redeemed itself when the subject turned more solidly toward the power of an individual woman. Now, that was not something I had seen very often in those decades.

Being as how I worship the ground Jayne Ann Krentz walks on and will read anything she’s written that I can get my hands on I was really pleased that even though there was a hint of stereotypical male macho strutting about, “Twist of Fate” did turn out to be a delightful story.

You will get caught up with Hannah and Gideon as they grow to love one another in the unlikeliest of love stories.

No comments:

Caught Dead in Wyoming - Sign Off by Patricia McLinn  It has been a long time, looks like five years, since I've written anything fo...