Friday, August 21, 2009

A Woman's Place by Barbara Delinsky

A Woman's Place by Barbara Delinsky
1997, Harper Collins
ISBN: 0-06-17506-0


One of the readers here at my blog recommended I read Barbara Delinsky. On one of my trips to the library I sought out her place on the shelves and picked, "A Woman's Place" to read.

It is a woman's story, it is a family's story, it is a story of change. Claire Raphael is a very busy woman. She is a wife, she is a mother and she owns her own company. Into this busy life her mother is dying. If you can imagine how distracted and upset you would be with these circumstances, can you imagine now what it would be like to be served with divorce papers by your husband? And, he not only wants custody of your children, but he wants your business as well.

This is a heart aching journey where even at the greatest despair we can still love and learn. I really liked this book and will look for others by Barbara Delinsky.

No comments:

Caught Dead in Wyoming - Sign Off by Patricia McLinn  It has been a long time, looks like five years, since I've written anything fo...