Thursday, March 26, 2009

“A Spoonful of Poison” by M.C. Beaton

“A Spoonful of Poison” by M.C. Beaton
2008, St. Martin’s Minotaur
ISBN: 978-0-312-34912-7

Hey, I really liked this book. “A Spoonful of Poison” by M.C. Beaton. I’ve never read anything by her before and this was one of those deals where I just wandered around my favorite shelves in the library and was attracted to her book. Notice I’m only in the “B’s” yet, so there are quite a few more shelves to go.

So, this one is advertised as an Agatha Raisin Mystery. There are more, so that’s a treat too. I just love it when I like a book and there are more in a series.

Agatha Raisin is a detective. She’s got her own agency and lives in England. She’s got folk who work with her, so there are lots of interesting characters around.

Her good friend Mrs. Bloxby sort of volunteered her to help out at a nearby village’s church festival. Agatha used to be in the public relations field before she began doing detective work so it was up her alley. Except she really didn’t want to do it. So, there the two of them go to tell the vicar no, except that this really handsome man appears in the churchyard and as Mrs. Bloxby says often, “Oh, Mrs. Raisin is off again.” meaning she’s thinking romantic thoughts.

One thing leads to another and murder is committed at the festival. It’s the solving of it that is the rest of the book with lots of stories about the characters intertwined. It’s just a really good have some tea and cookies, curl up and read book. I did enjoy it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Caught Dead in Wyoming - Sign Off by Patricia McLinn  It has been a long time, looks like five years, since I've written anything fo...