Tuesday, February 3, 2009

“A Tale out of Luck” by Willie Nelson

“A Tale out of Luck” by Willie Nelson and Mike Blakely
2008, Center Street
ISBN: 978-1-59995-732-6

I am a fan of Willie Nelson’s music and when I saw this book at the library there was no choice but that I was going to be reading it. “A Tale out of Luck” is rough. It’s told with that usual Western swaggering stroll. It’s told from the heart of Willie Nelson, the same heart all those songs comes from.

Jay Blue and his father Hank Tomlinson are ranchers in Luck, Texas. They run into bad luck from every direction, but in the end come out as the good guys always should as winners. But, it’s the story that grabs you; Commanches who become allies and yet are still enemies and enemies who disguise themselves as the good guys.

I was enthralled. I hope you will be too.

No comments:

Caught Dead in Wyoming - Sign Off by Patricia McLinn  It has been a long time, looks like five years, since I've written anything fo...