Sunday, February 22, 2009

“Portrait in Death” by J.D. Robb

“Portrait in Death” by J.D. Robb
2003, A Berkeley Book
ISBN:0-425-18903-1

When somebody writes as well as Nora Roberts does when she shifts into her persona as J.D. Robb I think a shopping list would keep me glued to my seat. “Portrait in Death” by J.D. Robb is suspenseful, it is riveting, it moves like greased lightening and is an absolutely terrific story. The characters relate to each other well. And, was it any surprise to me to discover that Lieutenant Eve Dallas is featured in a boatload of other stories already written?

This is the first time I’ve read J.D. Robb and I’m really looking forward to reading more.

Lieutenant Dallas is out to solve a murder, that becomes another murder and then another. The victims are posed with wires supporting their limbs and then photographed by the killer. It is a rush to find the killer before he or she strikes again and many people are involved in this orchestrated search.

I really enjoyed how Eve is portrayed. I almost felt as though I had something in common with her as she snapped people’s heads off left and right. See, I’m going through menopause and get rather snippy myself at times. It was refreshing to see how somebody else does it. It was interesting to me to see how she placed herself in the killer’s head to see what made him or her tick.

If you’re up for a mystery look no farther than J.D. Robb.

A postscript: This was my 111th post on 2/22. I'm a psychic and those are my special numbers. Also, this day when I tested my blood glucose it was 111. And, I started channeling on 2/22. Altogether a special day for numbers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a hard time getting into the JD Robb stuff. Although Ms. Roberts is one of my favorite authors, I just don't care for the futuristic stuff.

Great blog though by the way.

Caught Dead in Wyoming - Sign Off by Patricia McLinn  It has been a long time, looks like five years, since I've written anything fo...