Saturday, November 15, 2008

“L is for Lawless” by Sue Grafton

“L Is for Lawless” by Sue Grafton
1995, Fawcett Books
ISBN: 0-449-22149-0

I pretty much ripped through “L Is for Lawless” by Sue Grafton with amazing speed. It’s a good page turner with the intrepid heroine Kinsey Millhone who gets snookered into helping some neighbors. This is a case she takes on with no hope of getting paid and the chances of being reimbursed for her expenses looks dismal.

But, she’s dogged when it comes to mysteries. Henry, her landlord and long time friend asks her to help out with settling the affairs of a friend of his who has just passed on. The son, the grandson and his wife are all there in the house trying to sort through things. But, the mystery is that they all think the dearly departed grandfather was a spy and all anybody has to work with is an old key.

Not so as the story unfolds with gripping urgency. If you’re a fan of private detectives and of mysteries this one is for you.

I enjoyed it and I’m sure I’ll enjoy more of them. Sue Grafton has certainly written a lot of books.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't read this one yet or even all of her "letter" mysteries. However, from the ones I've read, I've found that some are really excellent and some I just couldn't even get into. I wonder if you have found the same thing?
Karen
http://gardendiva.today.com/
http://gentlecare.today.com/

Caught Dead in Wyoming - Sign Off by Patricia McLinn  It has been a long time, looks like five years, since I've written anything fo...