Saturday, September 6, 2008

“Hard Eight” by Janet Evanovich

Hard Eight” by Janet Evanovich
2002, St. Martin's Press
ISBN: 0-312-98386-7

I usually wait until I’ve finished reading a book to write a review, but I had to make an exception with this one. “Hard Eight” by Janet Evanovich will leave you in stitches. I still can’t see straight I’ve laughed so hard. I mean the tears were streaming down my face. It’s page 214 where Albert Kloughn, the lawyer, gets stuck in the dryer at the laundromat. His office is next door and people are always coming over to ask him for quarters and to fix the machines when they break down.

Hard Eight” is about Stephanie Plum who is a bounty hunter. Her family lives in a little house that sits beside another little house in New Jersey. It’s the neighbor lady who is in trouble. Actually, she’s worried about her daughter and her granddaughter. That’s where the story takes off. So, it’s not so much a bounty that Stephanie is working on, but a mystery.

And, as always, Stephanie is a trouble magnet. There’s another part that I had a hard time not making noise with and that’s where the annoying and abusive husband gets sawed in half and put back together again with duct tape.

So, even though I can’t tell you how the book ends up, not like I’d want to do that anyway, because that would spoil things if you were to read this one for yourself, I really, honestly don’t know how this story is going to end. And, I can’t wait to finish it. I think you’ll enjoy it too.

No comments:

Caught Dead in Wyoming - Sign Off by Patricia McLinn  It has been a long time, looks like five years, since I've written anything fo...