Sunday, July 13, 2008

“One True Thing” by Anna Quindlen

One True Thing” by Anna Quindlen
1994, Dell Publishing
ISBN: 0-440-22103-X

One True Thing” by Anna Quindlen. This is a good book. You should read this book. If that’s all you read of this review I got the important stuff said.

This is the story of a woman, her family and the time she spent taking care of her dying mother. Anna Quindlen reaches into a story to pull the really good stuff out for you to see. What’s even more astonishing to me is that she pulled the stuff out of my own heart for me to see. I had no idea that stuff was in there. I cried for my own mother gone these 14 years now. And, even though I’m a psychic channel, even though I talk to my own mother often even though she is dead, I found unresolved stuff to think about, to hurt about, to cry about, to heal about.

Yikes, but this is a good book. This wasn’t time to spend curled up with a really good page turner. This wasn’t time to pass as you wait for something else to happen. This book reached out and grabbed me, wouldn’t let me go, wouldn’t allow me to do anything else until I had finished it.

I don’t know that I understand everything there was. I understood enough; enough for me. I’m glad I read it. I will read others written by Anna Quindlen. In fact, I don’t even have to know anything about the books she writes for me to pick one up anymore. If it’s got her name on it, it will be a good book to read. Thanks, Anna. I needed that.

No comments:

Caught Dead in Wyoming - Sign Off by Patricia McLinn  It has been a long time, looks like five years, since I've written anything fo...