Saturday, April 26, 2008

“Endless Chain” by Emilie Richards

Endless Chain” by Emilie Richards
2005 by Mira Books
ISBN: 978-0-7783-2316-7

Endless Chain” by Emilie Richards is one of those books that sort of fell into my lap. I read something briefly on the internet by somebody who was talking about one of her books. Even then something inside me told me to read one quick. Right away I hopped on over to my account at the Oakland Public Library and ordered up a book at random. That was “Endless Chain”. I’m really impressed.

The writing is clean, it’s smooth. It’s not convoluted or shining with excellent literary allusions or anything like that. It’s clean. It’s fresh. It’s a love story and I couldn’t put it down until I finished it.

This is the story of two people who find each other. Sam Kinkade is the young minister and Elisa Martinez. Endless Chain is a story of how the quilters in a church going community opened their arms to include Elisa and taught her how to quilt. She made an Endless Chain. Click here for a pattern.

Sam wants to include the Hispanic community in his church and is met with opposition. Elisa helps him to overcome the obstacles and when it appears she is also in need is helped by Sam.

It’s a story of searching and finding, of danger and of fear and an unfolding of love that is sweet to see. It’s a story of history repeating itself over and over again and it is an "Endless Chain".

No comments:

Caught Dead in Wyoming - Sign Off by Patricia McLinn  It has been a long time, looks like five years, since I've written anything fo...