Thursday, January 17, 2008

“Twelve Sharp” by Janet Evanovich


Twelve Sharp” by Janet Evanovich is another gripping novel with Stephanie Plum doing her bounty hunter thing. This story is about the kidnapping of Ranger’s daughter. Ranger is the mysterious bounty hunter who competes with Joe Morelli, a Trenton cop, for Stephanie’s affections. She loves them both.

Running along underneath the story is the stuff of everyday life for Stephanie. It’s just like our lives. That’s what I love about how Janet Evanovich writes. It’s real and yet, it’s a story. Anyway, Grandma Mauzer begins playing with a band wearing really skimpy leather outfits and scandalizing Stephanie’s mother. Lulu, Stepahnie’s fellow bounty hunter and a former prostitute brings her own down to earth views of reality to each situation she’s involved with.

Donuts play a very large role in achieving a good mood for chasing bad guys.

This is what happens when I read a Stephanie Plum novel: I hate when they are over. It’s like eating chocolate. That last piece of chocolate is a wistful mouthful because you don’t want it to end. I guarantee that you will be laughing throughout the reading of this book and I’m wondering if I’ve read the entire series and I’m hoping I haven’t because I just can’t get enough. And, if it happens that I have to start reading them over again, hey, that’s okay too.

No comments:

Caught Dead in Wyoming - Sign Off by Patricia McLinn  It has been a long time, looks like five years, since I've written anything fo...