Saturday, September 8, 2007

“I Thee Wed” by Amanda Quick

I Thee Wed” by Amanda Quick
1999 Bantam
ISBN: 0-553-57410-8

I Thee Wed” by Amanda Quick will captivate you from the first page. I can’t say that I’ve ever read a book by Amanda Quick that failed to do that.

This is an historical romance and plucky heroine Emma Greyson finds herself drawn to Edison Stokes to solve a mystery. It is these tried and true techniques that are used in many of the books Amanda Quick writes and in each and every one of them they are fresh and wonderful and I cannot put her books down once I’ve started reading one.

The secret gardens of Vanza figure into this story and Edison Stokes, the hero, is well matched by Emma Greyson, the heroine, who has her share of intuition. It is interesting to see just how very usual the unusual can become to folks who are accustomed to such things. It reminds me of my own channeling. After awhile it’s just who you are and what you do.

I love how Amanda Quick takes folks from the 19th century and shows how they really aren’t all that different from how we are in the 21st century. Have plans this weekend? Sorry, you'll need to cancel them. You won’t be able to put this book down once you’ve started it.

A note to this review. It is September, 2009 and I have read, "I Thee Wed" again. Just as good this time as it was before. One of the advantages of getting old is in being able to enjoy a book many times over. If you have a copy of this keep it. There may come a day when you want to read it again. It's like having cravings....if it is not exactly chocolate then nothing else will do and for me an Amanda Quick book was on my menu.

No comments:

Caught Dead in Wyoming - Sign Off by Patricia McLinn  It has been a long time, looks like five years, since I've written anything fo...