Saturday, August 4, 2007

“Falling Awake” by Jayne Ann Krentz

I have never approached a novel by Jayne Ann Krentz with trepidation. Rather, it’s excitement that moves me. I know I will never come away disappointed, and I was completely delighted reading “Falling Awake”.

This is one of her contemporary novels. It deals with lucid dreamers and, in fact, there were references to Stephen LaBerge and Patricia Garfield in the book, both folks who really do write about aspects of dreaming.

This is also a whodunit and at heart a romance. Jayne Ann Krentz is an absolute master story teller. I was enthralled from the beginning to the end and I have to tell you that I’ve read this particular book at least 3 times, maybe more. I’m sure this won’t be the last time I read it either.

I get a feeling that comes over me sometimes when I’m getting ready to read one of Jayne Ann Krentz’s books. It’s hard to describe, but the closest I can come to it on a family blog is to say it’s sort of like craving chocolate. Dreamy.

You can read more about lucid dreaming at my website Talking to Spirit.

Post Script: Here is it September 25, 2009 and I just finished reading, "Falling Awake" again. I just had a craving and this fit the bill perfectly.

No comments:

Caught Dead in Wyoming - Sign Off by Patricia McLinn  It has been a long time, looks like five years, since I've written anything fo...