Sunday, July 15, 2007

“Dying for Chocolate” by Diane Mott Davidson

Dying for Chocolate” by Diane Mott Davidson
1992, Bantam Books
ISBN: 0-553-08576-X

Dying for Chocolate” by Diane Mott Davidson. I’ve been hanging out in the mystery section at the library lately and I happened to be drawn to this book. It wasn’t anything that had been recommended to me. I’m generally relying upon psychic impulses and nudged from Spirit as I wander around the library these days. I have to say I snagged a winner with, “Dying for Chocolate”.

This story centers upon Goldy Bear a caterer in the mountains of Colorado. She has a friend, Tom Shultz, who is a policeman and who comes to her aid as Goldy finds herself embroiled in the middle of a horrible mystery where another friend of hers has been murdered. She lives with a bunch of odd characters as she tries to establish some stability in her life after a nasty divorce. Her son, Arch, is 11 years old and is becoming a pretty good magician. Swirling throughout this story are her efforts to cater this or that event and a most wonderful part about this book are the fantastic recipes included!

But, first and foremost this is a murder mystery and an excellent one at that. Diane Mott Davidson has created a series with Goldy as the star. I’m looking forward to reading more in this series. Excellent book. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Caught Dead in Wyoming - Sign Off by Patricia McLinn  It has been a long time, looks like five years, since I've written anything fo...