Thursday, June 28, 2007

"Two for the Dough" by Janet Evanovich






"Two For the Dough" by Janet Evanovich
1996, Pocket Books
ISBN: 0-671-00179-5

Two For the Dough by Janet Evanovich will have you on the edge of your seat and turning the pages like mad. You won't want to cook dinner. You won't want to do the laundry and you especially will not want to get your sorry little butt to work because you cannot put this book down.

I liked it.

This is actually the third I've read by Janet. The first was a how to write book. Her sense of humor caught my attention in a big way. Also, she was using examples from her Stephanie Plum bounty hunter books. That also caught my attention. So, I set upon a course reading her books and there are a lot of them. Twelve, I think. This one is the second in the series. They are all named with the number in their title, which I also think is catchy.

So, Stephanie Plum, bounty huntress extraordinaire, well, actually learning to be, moves through this book trying to nab Kenny Mancuso, slime ball forevermore. Kenny is actually related to Joe Morelli, hero cop who is constantly thinking of ways to put the moves on Stephanie, but good cop that he is thinks of her and Grandmother Mazur's safety first. It's hilarious, actually. You can tell where Stephanie gets her smart mouth....from her grandmother who figures prominently in the take down of the bad guy in this book.

All I have to say is go to the library, find one of the books. Doesn't matter if you pick up the eighth one or this one. They can all be read out of sequence because you get the background you need to keep folks straight. But, I recommend, "Two For the Dough". Highly recommended.

No comments:

Caught Dead in Wyoming - Sign Off by Patricia McLinn  It has been a long time, looks like five years, since I've written anything fo...