Saturday, June 9, 2007

“How I Write” by Janet Evanovich with Ina Yahlof

How I Write” by Janet Evanovich with Ina Yahlof
2006, St. Martin’s Press
ISBN: 0-312-35428-2

How I Write” by Janet Evanovich with Ina Yahlof. I just love to read books by writers talking about how they write. I suppose it’s because in my heart I want to be a writer. That I am already a writer is something that I have a hard time wrapping my mind around. I suppose I am. I just wish I had something published. Then I could hold my head up high and say, “I’m a published writer.” Rather than a writer wanna-be.

Anyway, I get inspired when I listen to writers talking about how they write and when I read, “How I Write” by Janet Evanovich I got excited. First, because she presents it in terms of no-brainer, logical steps. I can do this. I really can. It’s like when I teach people to channel and they write back to me saying, “I had no idea it was this easy.” Like that.

Secondly, Janet talks the way I talk. At least, how I consider myself to be. I’m a no-nonsense, psychic secretary. You can’t pull the wool over my eyes; much anyway. I’ve also got a really crude sense of humor and the same sort of sense of humor shone through what Janet had to write in a big way. I could identify with her and I was hooked. In fact, I hadn’t even finished her book before I purchased my own copy from Amazon (I generally check a lot of the books I review out from the library) and had gotten one of her novels to read, “Three to Get Deadly” reviewed here.

We all need heroes in our lives. I’ve got a new one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here via Blogexplosion. I haven't read one of Janet's books in a long while. But that writing one sounds interesting.

I recently read books on writing by Anne Lamott [sic] and Stephen King.

Caught Dead in Wyoming - Sign Off by Patricia McLinn  It has been a long time, looks like five years, since I've written anything fo...