Friday, May 18, 2007

"Scandal" by Amanda Quick

"Scandal" by Amanda Quick
1991 Bantam Books
ISBN: 0-553-28932-2

Amanda Quick is one of my favorite authors, no matter which pen name she writes under. When she is writing historical romances she writes as Amada Quick and, “Scandal” is as terrific a book as any other she’s written. I have to tell you that I’ve been a fan of Amanda Quick for years and I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve read her books. “Scandal” is one that I can safely say I’ve read more than 5 or 6 times. It wouldn’t surprise me that I’d read it 10 times.

What is delicious about how Amanda Quick writes is she has these character traits that seem to follow all of her heroines around. They are quirky. They sometimes wear glasses, though in the historicals they are referred to as spectacles. They, many times, don’t listen to authority figures and make up their own minds about what they want to do and above all they love adventure. And, she does the same thing with her heroes. They are always unapproachable and mysterious and at center have a heart of gold.

In, “Scandal” vengeance is the keyword as a woman who is not afraid of dragons takes on the one person who desires most of all to wreck her family and bring every one of them to their knees. Emily Faringdon goes where others fear and brings the dragon (Lord Blade) nearer to the warmth of her heart where everybody lives happily ever after. So, even knowing there’s a happy ending getting there is all of the fun with, “Scandal”

This isn’t the first time I will read this book, nor will it be the last.

Read more about Amanda Quick at her website and under her "real name" of Jayne Krentz

No comments:

Caught Dead in Wyoming - Sign Off by Patricia McLinn  It has been a long time, looks like five years, since I've written anything fo...